Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Memory

When I was a child it really took a long time to go to my grandma's. Taking a bus made me sick and tired. I wished someday there could have been a more convenient way to reach the place I wanted to go. I loved staying at grandma's. In summer we went to the nearby rice fields or hills to catch locusts and roll myself from up the hill to down. Looking at the night sky full of twinkling stars, we enjoyed fishing in a small stream with a lamp in one hand, a net in the other. Her house had no high walls or strong doors because there were no thieves.
Many things have changed since then. Some are just as I had wished. Transportation is much faster bust now we're afraid of terrible accidents. The evening is much brighter, but we can't see the wonderful night sky anymore. All around the city even the countryside we can't miss the high walls and strong entrance door with security systems. We have as many things that we've lost as what we've had. Now looking back I still don't know if we've progressed or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment